Things have been insane. I'm totally loving my new job...Well, the pay mostly, even though I do enjoy the job a great deal...Things are just really stressful in our department right now, cause our counts are up...Not that it's a mystery why; we just ate an entire other center's work load...I'm just kind of tired of everyoen making comments about how much work is on my desk, or even laughing at it...Do they honestly think it doesn't bother me??? Yes it's not my fault, but still...I'm working 9-10 hours a day just to keep things level...I even went in on my day off yesterday to catch up, only to have almost the same amount of work I had just completed dumped back onto my desk...How is someone supposed to fix their pile when that happens every day?? Not only that, but when you also have another thing to do that takes a long time to complete when the person you get your work from waits a few days before giving it to you? I think I'm just going to start doing the second task wait longer to do...It's easier to kill those piles than to catch up on the other ones.../sigh...I really just shouldn't complain at all, since it's a pretty good paying job...
One major fall back to this job is the lack of time to do anything else...I pretty much pass out any time between 8 & 9pm these days, which leaves very little time to do anything really...Shit, one thing I REALLY wanted to do & never got to was go see my best friend's baby in the hospital...Well, they sent her home today, and that just completely never happened...She said she understands, but I know it probably hurt her a bit...And I know it's not just her who probably feel as though I've been kind of crappy at keeping in touch & keeping my word lately...I tried having a Pampered Chef party last week to get friends & family over to catch up, have fun & talk, and most people didn't even show up...Really just the same people who are always at them...Although I DID get to see my cousin Linda, so that was pretty cool...I just hope things settle down soon so I can go back to normal hours & have more free time...
Something else we had to deal with a month or so ago was a member of my family who acted totally immature & disrespectful towards Ryan...She posted on his Facebook wall that he was "a lazy son of a bitch", and said she didn't know how I could stand him...Ryan, who held TWO jobs at once for a bit, and who chose NOT to live off unemployment & fuck the system, is totally lazy...Is it his fault when they don't schedule him many days because of a lack of work for him to do? No...And now he's working almost every day, cause it's getting closer to the busy season in York...It just blows my mind, cause for 1, it's none of her fucking business to say something like that to him. I know for a fact no one said something like that to her when she didn't work for I don't even know how many years...People would never just say something like that...And not only would they not say it, but they sure as hell wouldn't post it on someone's Facebook like some stupid pre-teen who knows no better, where the person's family & friends can see it...I haven't gone to my Gram's on Saturday ever since, cause I'm not at the point yet where I can be around her...I'm still too pissed off about the whole thing...It may not seem like a big deal to some, but it went on forever in messages with me as well...I mean honestly, it's just not ok to say shit to people like that, especially when you don't even know what the hell you're talking about...Poor Ryan was pretty hurt...I think more hurt than he let on at the time...He said he won't be going back for a while, and I really can't blame him...It's just so strange that it happened at all...
Otherwise, Ryan & I are doing great as a couple...You'd think the stress from my job would somehow spill into our relationship, but it really hasn't...Ryan is super supportive no matter what I do, and it's such a huge help...I just wish he liked his job more...They all are treating him like shit right now though, so I can't blame him for not being a huge fan of the place atm...I just hope he can find something good that he'll like better...I'm also hoping he can get in contact with someone at the VA hospital in Concord to see what all is covered under his insurance with them, and if they'll refer him to a pain specialist or something...He's always in so much pain, and it just makes me sad to know he has to deal with that every day...I just want them to figure out what's wrong & fix it for good...
One day last week I wore a dress for no real reason other than the fact that I wanted to...I haven't done that since 4th grade...You see, I pretty much ONLY wore dresses as a kid, and even put them through a "twirl test"; if the dress didn't flare out as far as my fingers when I twirled around, I wouldn't wear it...lol...Seriously, I'm not making thaat up...Anywho, that went on until one day in 4th grade when one of my good friends told me my dress made me look fat...After that, I didn't wear a dress unless I had to, and even then, I wasn't comfortable doing so...So when Ryan text me from his work one day telling me he had bought a dress for me there, I was terrified...It looked cute enough in the picture, but I didn't really think I'd be comfortable wearing it...I tried it one when I got home, and I instantly fell in love with it...I don't know how he did it, but he picked out the most amazing looking dress I've probably ever worn...It didn't pass the good 'ole "twirl test", but I didn't care...Wearing it to work, I felt like a million bucks...I walked with my head held high, and was more than happy to have people see me in it...Even though it might be JUST a dress, Ryan unknowingly gave me back a lot of my confidience in my appearance...And for that, I can't thank him enough :)
Lastly, yesterday was the memorial for a good friend of my families, and one of dad's fellow police officers. It wasn't really unexpected, just faster than the doctors thought...They had given him a week to live, and he made it only a few days...Miniutti was an awesome guy...Tough on the outside, but a giant marshmellow on the inside...He'd do anything for anyone, especially those he loved & cared about...The memorial was done by one of the other police officers, who happens to own his own funeral home business...Miniutti wanted everyone to have a drink in his honor, and since churches seem to frown on having a bar set up inside them, they held the service at a hall in York...His 3 kids were there, and a few other people from his family...The local VFW chapter was there as well, since he was a Marine for over 20 years...Most of the people there however were from the South Berwick Police Department...The family had all of us with SBPD move up into the family tables with them, and that was very touching...As Miniutti had wanted, it wasn't overly religious, and mostly consisted of sharing stories of him...There's not enough time in a day to even begin to put a dent in the amount of stories to be told...They had the chief get up and say a few words, as well as one of the dispatchers, and the Lt...There were many laughs as well as many tears...After the service, they opened up the bar for everyone to have a last toast to Miniutti...The SBPD all gethered together and toasted him at the same time...It was a very fitting way to end the service, and I know he was looking down, toasting right along with us...He will be greatly missed, but never forgotten...
I guess that's it for now, since I have to get up for work in 6 hours...Have a good night everyone :)
21 March 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Damn! I had this long comment typed out, but when I hit submit, it went away... :-( Trying to retype it...
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about being drained after working all day. mental jobs are way more tiring than physical ones. When I get home, I don't want to do anything that involves moving...
Also, I feel you on the doing work of other sections. We do the work of several offices because they don't have anyone experienced, so instead of letting them learn, we just do it because it's easier that way. I always bring it up to my leadership too, they just say it's easier for us to do it for them. Bleh!
Man, I can't picture you in a dress! Not meant as a bad thing, I've just always seen you in t-shirt and jeans, and that's the blondie I know and love! Kudos to Ryan on picking one out for you though, I don't think I could ever do that for Killeen... lol
Agreed! I can haul grain around all day at my old/other job, and stay up pretty late...I get home from Liberty & it's lights out after dinner pretty much, lol...
ReplyDeleteIt's lame that they won't train others there & make you guys do it all!
lol, I knew what you meant...Perhaps when I finally take new pics, I'll get a few of me in dresses...I'm a bridesmaid in my best friend's wedding this August, so I'll have a ton of pics from there, I'm sure lol